Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas

We are officially ready for christmas at the Heiner home. Our tree is up(has been since the first)

the stockings are hung. The Nativity it out. Last night we had snowflake mania at the kitchen table and all the girls cut snowflakes out of tissue paper which are now hanging in the windows. Tonight we made our treats for the neighbors (I got too tired and have yet to deliver them. That will be tomorrow's project) and I have got all the christmas presents for the kids in the basement waiting to be wrapped. That means NO MORE SHOPPING!!! YEAH!!!
Now I just need to finish up the homemade presents and then sit, relax, and enjoy December while I wait for Christmas to come. Ha Ha Ha (I think I mean HO HO HO).
Why is it time always seems to go faster than you think. And you(at least me) always seem to think you have plenty of time to get stuff done. So much for my goal of being done with presents by the 1st.
I have to admit I'm actually quite proud of myself for being this far ahead. At least I ought to be done by next week when the kids are out of school.
And with the snow that we now have yeah!! we can just have fun together for the two weeks they are home. I am looking forward to not getting anyone up in the morning. After all, you
all know how late my Girls sleep in. Too bad Kylan is breaking the mold with his 7:oo a.m. wake up time. I'm am trying hard to get him to sleep and we have made it to 8:00 a couple of times.
He realy enjoys getting up with dad at 6:30. I wouldn't mind this too much he goes back to sleep at 8:00 on these mornings, but that is just when it's time to start getting everyone else up for school.
So can we all say hooray for the holiday and the late mornings coming our way!!!!
Don't call the house before 10:00 a.m. LOL

This is our Snowflake making. Hallie just thought it would be a funny picture with a sticker on her nose.

Cambry snipped hers somehow and ended up with a snowflake chain. She loved it.


Bryanna with one of the patterns we used. She made snowflakes the size of a tissue paper sheet.
They are sheetflakes. It looks like we hung laundry in the window to dry instead of snowflakes.I'll have to get a picture of them. Someone might wonder why we would hang up tissue paper with cuts in it as decorations!?
Cambry and her snowflake beard. It's just so Cambry!!!
Here's some I did off patterns from my Grandma.

With some help from Dad, Hallie figured out how to cut a pattern and made a couple of crowns.
We just can't do anything not princessy can we. She was so proud of that crown.

Hallie's awesome snowflake she did. She made Cambry one too that looks pretty good.

This was tonight. I just thought it was sweet and would make you all see this cute picture too.

And I painted my kitchen RED last week. What do you think? I Love it. Kerry says it will grow on him. Eventually. I think it should go all the way up to the ceiling but I don't think my poor husband could handle that much red. It's not quite as bright as it looks in the picture. But close.
I realy like it!!!Happy Holidays to you all. It was fun to see the Heiner's last week and we can't wait to see the Loveless's at Christmas!

4 comments:

Stephanie Hancock said...

Looks like you're having a riot! You'll have to teach me to do those tissue paper snowflakes! Merry Christmas!

Melynn said...

I love that you guys made snow flakes together. I'm sure the girls loved it. Yours turned out beautiful. Just like Grandma's.

I know what you are saying about being tired. I had a list of neighbors that I should give treats to, but I cut it in half because i was sick of making cookies.

Lastly, I absolutely love the red kitchen. I can see Kerry thinking it is a bit much, but I think it is beautiful.

can't wait to see you and the girls. Bring the snow clothes so we can go sledding.

Sarah said...

LOVE the kitchen - you did a great job picking the color!

AMIT said...

Loved ur post.Thanks for it.

BPO work from home